Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Catholic Humor Fake News: "Symbolon Chalk Board Writer Sent Back to Kindergarten"

Altadena, CA - Dr. Edward Sri spoke at a brief press conference today noting that the person who was in charge of writing on the chalk board for the Augustine Institute's world-famous catechetical program Symbolon has been sent back to kindergarten to work on penmanship.

Sri has come under fire from many penmanship aficionados who complained vociferously that the Symbolon chalkboards were an affront to their senses.




Sr. Mary Margaret Hostetler, a grammar teacher at Mother of the Redeemer Catholic School, has banned the series from her school.  She noted that "We don't want our kids exposed to such penmanship here at Mother of the Redeemer."


Ryan Fields, responsible for the penmanship in the Symbolon series, released a statement through the Institute: "I did not attend a Catholic school, so I never learned how to write on a chalkboard.  Sorry."


Dr. Sri also released a statement: "We are saddened to have offended so many with our bad penmanship.  We recognize that the penmanship on our boards is an offense to every religious sister who has taught in a Catholic school at any point during the last 100 years, and we will continue to work to ensure that everything from the Institute glorifies God moving forward."





This is not real.  This is just for fun.  The Symbolon program is the best thing to happen to RCIA, ever, and I can't recommend it highly enough to any parish.  Just thought I'd have some fun with the penmanship because it reminded me of my own.




1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. It reminds me of my first year of teaching and I received a negative evaluation because my "chalkboard printing" was slanting downward.

    ReplyDelete